27 Wheathill House
London SE20 7UJ
Summary of Qualifications
I am an aspiring Journalist, studying Journalism at Coventry University. I have a comprehensive portfolio of multi-media skills and a talent for radio presenting which I am already using in a real-world context.
An excellent communicator, I am multi-lingual and am course representative for second year Journalism and English. Already I am practising my Journalism skills with the student-led Source media team, working as a news reader on Source Radio and a deputy-editor for Source Online. I also have more than three years work-study experience as a Sales Assistant.
- News reading on a huge platform such as radio and news article writing.
- Producing court reports for both broadcast and written formats.
- Able to use software’s such as Adobe Premier Pro for editing and also producing packages for radio.
- Able to audition music tracks into a play-out system of a radio station.
- Able to operate a music sound desk.
- Able to work as a professional co-host.
- Able to produce reports that complies with legislation.
- Able to work as part of a team and communicate my views effectively.
- Friendly and engaging personality.
- Good telephone answering manners.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Punctual and enthusiastic towards work and set tasks.
- Quick learner and able to adapt quickly.
- Working to deadlines and good time management.
- 2010 – Present Coventry University
BA (Hons) Journalism and English – News and Features, Broadcast Journalism, Law and Ethics, Law and Public Administration, Broadcasting for radio.
- 2007-2010 Orpington College of Further and Higher Education.
A levels: Applied Science, Psychology, English language and Literature and Sociology
- 2006-2007 Orpington College
GCSEs including French and Psychology at grade B to C.
- Feb – April 2012 Radio Plus and Radio Focus
Position Held: Co-host, News reader, Auditioning songs
- Working as a co-host alongside the main presenter or host Dj.
- Reading the news at timely intervals.
- Auditioning music into the radio station’s play-out system.
- Acting as the host Dj for a few hours.
- Running the sound a news studio.
- Sept – October 2011
Position Held: French tutor
- Teaching year four and six pupils basic French grammar.
- Enthusing and motivation pupils to develop a passion for French language as some find it difficult.
- July – October 2011
Position Held: Mother’s Help
- Changing diaper and holding baby when mother is busy.
- Assisting in house chores.
- Accompanying mum to baby clinic appointments.
- Oct 2007 – Sept 2010 Primark Stores, Croydon
Position Held: Sales assistant
- Offering assistance to customers who enter the shop.
- Working on check-out tills processing cash and card payment. Involved in stock control and merchandising.
- Answering telephone behind till as well as dealing with customer queries.
- Working at customer service, I dealt with customer exchange and refunds. Assisting shoppers to find goods they are looking for.
- June – Sept 2008 British heart foundation, Penge
Position Held: Sales assistant and Supervisor
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Working on check-out tills.
- Assisting shoppers to find goods they are looking for.
- Responsible for the training of new volunteers.
- Pricing and tagging donated items.
- Sept 2006 – Sept 2007 Café Rayon D’or, Airport House Purley Way, Croydon
Position Held: Waitress
- Greeting guest and seating them.
- Taking food orders as well as answering questions regarding menu.
- Alerting chef of food complaints.
- Serving wine and periodically checking if diners need anything.
- Offer refills on drinks and also offer dessert. Clearing table after meals.
Personal Interests and Achievements
- Reading a wide variety of written and online genre and also motivational books.
- Keeping a Blog entry and writing articles on different subject areas.
- Certificate of achievement for completing Community Sports Leaders Award (CSLA) programme.
- Appointed class representative twice in a role.
- Watching crime dramas and documentaries.
- Listening to music from all parts of the world and attending musical concerts.
Available on request