It’s the first day of the year and most people like to pay attention to what they hear. An encouraging and uplifting start is what most people yearn for. The year may have uncertainties but you would rather be for the positive news.
With Pastor Kingsley Appiagyei sharing insights and a prayer into the months ahead, what more could we ask for?
The topic for today was centred on Uncommon Ideas.
Everyone usually has an idea on how they want things to be done or an idea about a situation. It might not be in-depth but they still have a plan of some sort.
Talking about Uncommon Ideas is not only about a plan of some sort people usually have in mind, but rather a thought or impression that sets one apart from the crowd.
Still on the topic of uncommon ideas, the scriptures sighted were Job 32:8 – 9 and Isaiah 43:19
He looked at what he meant by an idea.
An idea can be; saying that an idea can be
- A thought
- An Impression or
- An image of an existing conception.
Elaborating on Ideas, he cited
Great Ideas that have changed the world
- The wheel 3500BC – helped men to move things from one place to the other.
- The printing press – 1440 by Johannes Gutenberg.
- Braille – 1825 by Louis Braille
- Anaesthesia – 1847 by James Young Simpson
- The World Wide Web (WWW) – 1989 by sir Tim Berners-Lee
- The aeroplane – 1899 by the Wright brothers.
- Ford models – 1903 by Henry ford.
- The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – by Paul Lauterbur
- Germ theory of disease by Louis Pasteur
- Facebook – 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg
How do we get ideas?
- By looking
- By listening
- By learning – Solomon in the book of Proverbs says to go to the ant and learn.
- By linking
- By revelation
What are the ideas that work?
- It must offer new solution (Isaiah 43:19)
- It must improve on existing solutions.
- It must be able to compete on quality of value.
He also shared that God doesn’t put money into our pocket but rather He blesses us then gives us an idea.
When God decides to bless you
- He gives you the gift of life (Gen 24:1)
- He gives dreams and vision (Ecclesiastes 2:14)
- He gives you ideas (gen 31:10 – 13)
- He gives you wisdom and favour (psalms 90:7)
- He gives you gifts and talents.
- He gives you divine connections.
So why don’t you develop on that brilliant idea that has been on your mind all this while.
Receive Uncommon Ideas!
Thanks for dropping by.